From: netfilter-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Gary W. Smith
Sent: Tue 2/22/2005 11:03 PM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PPTP conntrack with RHEL 4 (2.6.9)

I've tried a few different RH kernels now with little to no success so here is the next example.  Here is what I did on this trail run.

Patched the kernel with pptp conntrack.  Created a diff set.  Applied the diff set to the RHEL 4 ES source SPEC file and built the new kernel.  Preliminary tests showed the same problem as with RHEL 3 ES (no outbound or inbound with all for modules loaded).  I also compiled iptables as well.

When I loaded the modules onto the test box (with almost the exact same config) I was able to load all for modules and make an outbound connections from the firewall and receive connections but I could not establish outbound connections from behind the firewall.

The compile box is a dell 4700 with HT enabled.  It has a just the devel libs installed and no X.  The test box is a dell 2400 without HT with just the devel libs installed and no x.  I compiled the RPM files (kernel and iptabled) and then deployed it on both boxes with different results.

I has similar results with Fedora Core 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary Smith