Re: Iptables Network Performance

El miÃ, 23-02-2005 a las 17:24 -0800, Rudi Starcevic escribiÃ:
> Hi,
>
> Could iptables really reduce network speed by more than 50%.
>
> It is hard to believe but that seems to be my predicament right now.
>
> For this test I have a 12 meg file.
>
> When I download this from my Linux box is get a download speed of 47.23K/s
>
> When I move this 12 meg file to an internal web server and port-forward
> to it from the Linux box I see a download rate of 11.70K/s
>
> Does this sound reasonable?

No, it doesn't sound reasonable. I use DNAT and it almost doesn't
affect my download/upload speed on the server. I think you have
another problem.

> If I move my Port-forwarding rule higher up woudld it help?

I don't think so. But it would be better that the rule it's the first
in the nat chain, but it doesn't matter where you put it in
the script. I suppose you knew that.

> Thanks
> Regards
> Rudi