Re: Suggestions for some patch-o-matic extensions (comment, ipp2p, random, etc...)

I don't know how to use diff/patch utils to send you a patch to solve these issues, if anybody say me how to use them to create a valid patch file and send to the list.

I suppose that I need some rules over the file names and so on, say me and I post the patch.

I have the patched files too, but I don't know if I can send attached files to the list.
Samuel Díaz García
Director Gerente
ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.

mailto:samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.arcoscom.com

Móvil: 651 93 72 48
Tlfn.: 956 70 13 15
Fax:   956 70 34 83

Samuel Díaz García wrote:
In some extensions, I detected that before I apply patch-o-matic (last source package) without problems, i can compile kernel and kernel modules fine.

But when I try to compile iptables, i have a common error with some extensions:
error: near initialization for `<struct_name>.<struct_member>'

Some of these extensions are:
   * comment
   * ipp2p
   * random (IPv6)

Thinking about it, I had applied successfully these extensions over 1.2.11 iptables version, but with 1.3.0, seems that some structure declaration has been changed and these modules don't compile without a manual user modification of the sources.

The "manual modification" should be an explicit member initialization in the struct, but some modules need more revision.

Here is the warning exposed.

Good Luck