Re: site not seen through squid

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 01:51:21PM -0500, Payal Rathod wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 01:19:43PM -0500, Jason Opperisano wrote:
> > my guess is that your friend is using transparent redirection to
> > the
> > squid proxy and not explicit proxying (i.e. configuring the proxy in the
>
> No it is not transparent proxy. She has it configured in all browsers
> in her office.
> Any clues?

then my next guess is that the sharepoint server uses NTLM
authentication, and the problem is:

  http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.14

which links to:

  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q198116/

punch line:  you can't put a proxy between a client and a server that
does NTLM authentication

again--you'll have to bypass the proxy for this destination server (or
configure the web server to use another authentication method).

-j

ps - this is starting to sound more like a squid question than a
netfilter question.

--
"Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is,
 never try."