Re: IDS better than hardcore iptables rules?

Hudson & Ron

I'm not sure there even exists documentation to explain
some of the DROP rules I see in firewall scripts.

Have you seen guys like these?...

 -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK,FIN FIN -j DROP
 -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK,PSH PSH -j DROP
 -p tcp --tcp-flags ACK,URG URG -j DROP

What TCP/IP book tells you that FIN, PSH and URG packets
usually have ACK set?  **These** are the rules I don't
know how to understand.

Chris

--
_______________________________________