Re: Using -m limit to stop outbound portscanning viruses

I'm not, and that's the point. I aim to put a condom on the customer side of the link so that they _can't_ engage in this behavior, no matter what virus or stealth zombie ddos tool they have been infected with. This gets me out of having to play traffic cop and is one more way I ensure that the service can't be (easilly) abused.

R. DuFresne wrote:

Why are you letting this traffic traverse your perimiters in the first
place?  If there is a need to pass windows related problematic protocols
across perimiters, they should be tunnels in a secure connection.