Re: Usage of CONNMARK

Hi,

Currently, from the FTP helper if DROP is given, the packets are not getting dropped since the conntrack entry exists and also since from where the helper routine is called, there is no check for return value of NF_DROP. Hence when NF_DROP is returned, inside ip_conntrack_in, I set the conntrack value
ct->mark = 1
However this CONNMARK value is getting applicable only from the next packet ownwards.

If on the other hand, say I try to change the mark value, (*pskb)->nfmark ( I assume it contains the MARK indicator), and put a rule in the KEEP_STATE_FORWARD chain to drop packets with the specific mark value, the kernel is panicing , with a BUG in sched.c. I also get panic if I call nf_conntrack_put.

The problem in my case, is the error is detected after the conntrack state is changed. I am wondering whether this is the reason why its causing all the problems.

Thanks,
Vinod C