Re: What is the application sending packet out?

El vie, 04 de 02 de 2005 a las 21:41, Mohammad Khan escribiÃ:
> Hello List,
>
> I am not sure about some packet was trying to go out from my router.
> Is there a way to know, what application(s) is/are sending those
> packets?
>
> Thanks
> Mohammad

Yes, it's very easy. Just use ethereal to capture the packets
and identify the ports the application it's using to send the
packets, then use lsof -i to see what application it's using
that port.

Regards.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez