Re: udp port forwarding from internal network to internet

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 10:17, Kevin Van Workum wrote:
> > > What IP does my app connect to, the internal IP of
> > my
> > > server with the internet connection?
> >
> > nope--the IP of the server on the internet.
>
> How does the machine on the internal network know to
> go through my firewall server to make the connection?
> Is there any configuration required on the internal
> machine running the app?

normally--the default gateway of the internal machine would be the
internal IP of the firewall.  if this is not the case--you will need to
make a change to your internal routing to make sure these packets get
routed to the firewall.

-j

--
"Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in
 there every day and do it really half-assed. That's  the American way."