Re: use of the limiting options

Hmm.. Some problems I think. I went with what you said and put a drop line
right after the rate limit.. and it's having problems. It doesn't seem to
be allowing anything through. Here's the two lines - they are the first
two to be executed - that go into my iptables configuration. What's going
on?

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --destination-port 22 \
     -m limit --limit 6/hour --limit-burst 2

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --destination-port 22 -j DROP

I tested this by trying to ssh in from a friend's server. First attempt to
connect and nothing happened.. what's going on?

<EOL>
Tib