RE: Help debugging iptables firewall....

I would recommend that you put a log entry for the protocol(s) or IP to
IP connections that you want to debug across the DMZ.  I did this while
trying to debug some IPSEC traffic.

-A FORWARD -p tcp -m tcp --dport 1433 -j LOG --log-prefix "MySQL [tcp]:
" --log-level 1
-A FORWARD -p udp -m udp --dport 1433 -j LOG --log-prefix "MySQL [udp]:
" --log-level 1

Put this at the beginning of the chain (tweak it for whatever DB you
need) and then just watch the calls to make sure that you are see the
flow that you want.  When you are done move them down to the end of the
chain, if they are still hitting then you are loosing packets.

BTW, are you running pinholes (point to point IP for each port you want
open)?  What DB?

Gary Wayne Smith