using with big ban lists (peerguardian and so).

Hi,

I was intended to use peerguardian ban list inside my iptables rules.
I've done a program in C++ to read this file and to put iptables
commands (using the system function).
However it is very very very slow (1 hour picked up a very few of
all the machines). It might be due to the fact that I don't use
the iprange. Is it true ?
Is there any way to do that in a fast manner without using iprange ?

I mean:

when I have addresses like 4.1.2.0-4.1.3.255, I need to call as much
iptables command as there are computers. iprange seems to be best
but I'm not sure if I will encounter speed up.

Thank you.