Re: how can I test the firewall with iptable

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 10:45:12AM -0800, Mohamed Nassih wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    is there any tool for testing a firewall with iptable and have a
> report with statistics to analyse the performence(...intrusion detection
> ...).
>    if this tool exist. is it easy to use and to install..

i didn't really understand what you were asking the first time you sent
this, but since you sent it again--i suppose i better snap to it.

i *think* you're asking for something along the lines of nessus:

  http://nessus.org/

-j

--
"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick,
 twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in."