Re: GRE problem

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 03:13, Marcin Giedz wrote:

> When first client is trying to connect to VPN server out side our office all
> packets are sent through "linux router". When he finishes the connection
> and second client wants to make a new connection no GRE packets are sent
> through router. If I down and up interfaces on "linux router" everything
> works OK as earlier - GRE packets are transmitted through router. If I
> don't down and up interfaces but wait eg. for next day everything also
> works OK. It seems for me that some "timeout" variable is set on my linux
> router but I didn't set anything.

Is NAT involved here?  I have a similar problem where a GRE
connection goes out the wrong interface as the gateway starts
up, getting a NAT association in ip_conntrack and the NAT
never goes away after the correct interface and route come
up.  I think you need to get rid of the /proc/net/ip_conntrack
entry but there is no mechanism to do this.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx