Re: Vijay - port 25 to be blocked

You are using INPUT, and should be using the OUTPUT chain because you
need to filter traffic comming from an external network. You can also
put the filter on the INPTU chain, in this case you shuld use --sport
instead of --dport.

So it should be:

To filter incoming traffic from a forbidden mail server.

iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 --sport 25 -d  !<ip addr of mail server>  -j
REJECT

To filter outgoing traffic to a forbidden mail server.

iptables -I OUTPUT -o eth0 --dport 25 -d  !<ip addr of mail server>  -j
REJECT

You should use the second option, but depend on your firewall ruleset
implementation, any of them will do the trick .-)

Cheers