RE: Ping only inside my network

El lun, 20 de 12 de 2004 a las 08:34, Rob Sterenborg escribiÃ:
> You don't give much information about what you've done already, but you
> have probably set the policy for the INPUT chain to DROP so it will drop
> any packet for which NF has no rule to accept it.
> In that case you'll have to accept ICMP traffic from your LAN :
> iptables -A INPUT -i $IF_LAN -s $IP_LAN -p icmp -j ACCEPT
>
> If you have also set policy to DROP for the OUTPUT chain, you'll want to
> be able to send the reply packets :
> iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
>

> Gr,
> Rob

It would be even better if he only accepts the echo-request and
echo-reply packets. That will allow pings but will deny other
kind of icmp packets that could be harmful.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.