Re: Problem with APT-GET (ftp) and iptables

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

This is too what I thought. I sent an email to my server admins who
responded thusly:

>> Hello,
>>
>>I am trying to setup my iptables to be quite strict, but to alow FTP
>>connections.
>>
>>I am trying to use modprobe with ip_conntrack_ftp for this but I keep
>> hitting a brick wall trying to get this to work.
>
>Hi Noah, our kernels do not support modules but do have the
>conntrack_ftp module built in so you don't need to worry about
>modprobing it to get it to work.

Also, when I start apt-get you see the following line in /var/log/messages/

Dec 23 17:45:18 achilles kernel: conntrack_ftp: partial 227  2850985299+27

So I naturaly assumed that conntrack_ftp was loaded.

Is "conntrack_ftp" the same as "ip_conntrack_ftp" and what does this
line in the log meen. I have googled for ages but not found anything.

Any further help would be amazing. Thank you.

Noah Slater