RE: Help! problem with PPTPD and pptp nat helper

<cut from an earlier thread>

>trying to connect to a server which is itself behind a router and NAT'd

You mentioned that you applied the conntrack patch.  Did you do this on
both the firewalls?  I have had success with the following.  Note that I
have disabled ip_nat_pptp.  If I load ip_nat_pptp then only one person
can connect and on the first time only.  Subsequent attempts fail.  I
have asked but received no feedback on this as well.  But hopefully this
will help you as well.

Anyways, here's what I run and the order that I run them in.  The
firewall currently has two active incoming connections I did test
multiple outgoing connections when I configured it.

/etc/rc.d/rc.local:
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_proto_gre
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_pptp
/sbin/modprobe ip_nat_proto_gre