RE: 2 ISPs again

Andreas Grabner wrote:
> Hi,
> i try to get the following work for days now and realy need some
> hints. My situaution:
> I have 2 independent links to the internet. I would like to get
> connections from the internet to an internal host work, regardless to
> which of my external IP.
> I tried it by marking packets coming in EXTIF1 and set up a own
> routing table for marked packets. But it seems the routing does not
> work bacause teh packets disappear between PREROUTING and FORWARD.
> Please help!

If your own IP's on the firewall aren't bound to the network, you'll
have to disable rp_filtering. echo "0" >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/eth_whatever/rp_filter

You'll also want to make sure outgoing packets are getting natted
correctly (if you're natting). Routing the reply usually requires
connmark to work properly.