Re: netfilter dnat or proxy arp needed

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 10:13, Andreas Nobel wrote:
> Hi Jason.

hello.

> I have read your post on the netfilter ml:
>
> https://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter/2004-October/056465.html

ah--one of my saucy rants over semantics...  speaking of which:

"Now, I don't want to get off on a rant here..." but since you seemed to
see some benefit in searching the list archives, why would you see fit
to deny others the same benefit?  oh--and i sanitized your IP's out in
case that was the reason...

> I want to setup the following senario. Can you give me an
> detailed instrction guide or syntax how to make this
> translations work.
>
> first of all i will describe my network struture which
> goal it is to make it work in real environment.
>
> The user should be able to connect to an access point that
> will offer the client an adress from an dhcp server on the
> network. the vpn gateway is 192.168.0.1 the dhcp server
> allocate leases from hosts 10-50. so that the clients will
> get an ip adress of the same subnet private class c subnet
> (192.168.0.0/24)as the vpn gateway is. the vpn gateway has
> two independent (physical) network cards. one on the
> private class c network to reach the wireless clients
> anothe ron on the company intranet. the company intranet
> ip adresses are real world wan ip's which can be directly
> used for internet purposes. the second nic has ip
> 1.1.1.74/24 and its route to other networks is
> 1.1.1.254. so the clients should get an ip adress
> from this adress pool so that they are able to connect to
> the company subnet resourses and also the whole internet
> Trough 1.1.1.254 router). this is also the standard
> gateway from my linux box to reach the intranet/internet.
>
> i have included an attachment of the sitation. maybe its a
> better way to show up what i want to do.

um--sure:

  for i in `seq 10 50`; do
    # outbound SNAT for each DHCP client 10-50
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -s 192.168.0.${i} \
      -j SNAT --to-source 1.1.1.${i}

    # inbound DNAT for each DHCP client 10-50
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -d 1.1.1.${i} \
      -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.0.${i}

    # add ip alias on external interface for each NAT IP
    ip address add 1.1.1.${i} dev eth1
  done

add filter rules as suitable

-j

--
"This has purple stuff inside - purple is a fruit."
	--The Simpsons