Re: RDP and iptables ruleset

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 13:06, James Bowling wrote:
> I seem to be having some issues with iptables 1.2.11 and getting RDP to
> be allowed through.  My windows box is NAT'd behind my Gentoo 2004.3
> box.  Here is my NAT Tables:
>
> # iptables -t nat -L

ugh--post your rules with "-v" as well so we can see interfaces and
other options (iptables -t nat -vnxL)...

> Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
> DNAT       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
> dpt:3389 to:10.0.1.2:3389
>
> Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
> SNAT       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
> dpt:3389 to:10.0.1.2:3389

get rid of that rule.

> MASQUERADE  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>

> Here is my iptables rules:
>
> # iptables -L

ditto:  iptables -vnxL

> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

all rules after that do nothing, and no other rules will be matched
(unless there's some magic interface specified there; but we don't know,
now do we?)

> REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
> dpt:bootps reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
> dpt:domain reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ssh
>
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ftp
>
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
> dpt:ftp-data
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
> dpt:8245
> DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
> dpts:0:1023
> DROP       udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp
> dpts:0:1023
>
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
> DROP       all  --  anywhere             10.0.1.0/24

something tells me that could be the problem...unless there's an
interface specified there that we can't see...

> ACCEPT     all  --  10.0.1.0/24          anywhere
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             10.0.1.0/24
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
> RELATED,ESTABLISHED
> ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>
> This is just a very basic rule set as you can see.

it appears to be a completely useless ruleset, actually.  flush all that
stuff [*] out and start fresh with:

  iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i $EXT_IF -p tcp --dport 3389 -j DNAT \
    --to-destination 10.0.1.2

  iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $EXT_IF -j MASQUERADE

and see what happens.

-j

[*] for t in mangle nat filter; do
      iptables -t $t -F
      iptables -t $t -X
      iptables -t $t -Z
    done
    for c in INPUT FORWARD OUTPUT; do
      iptables -P $c ACCEPT
    done

--
"It takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen."
	--The Simpsons