FC2 + PowerEdge 2650 + smp kernel + iptables rules loading slow

Hi,

I recently noticed the following:

OS: FC2
Kernel: 2.6.8smp and 2.6.8
Hardware: Dell PowerEdge with 2 x 2.8 CPUs, 2 GB RAM etc.
iptables version: iptables-1.2.9-2.3.1

The thing is:

1 - when booting a 2.6.8smp kernel (and as well 2.6.Xsmp) it takes about 1 min and 25 seconds to load 114 iptables rules.

2 - when booting a 2.6.8 kernel (so without smp) it only takes 20 seconds to load the same rules.

I've tried several iptables verions but the results were the same.

The question: why? :)

I know that there was a bug regarding Dell PowerEdge 2650 and FC1 with smp kernels (the machine wasn't booting) but does now anyone have a clue where to look or how to solve this issue?

It's a waste to use e dual CPU machine with a non-smp kernel and I'm not allowed to install another OS because of the company policies.

Thanks for you support,
Iulian Topliceanu