RE: Using old CPU for 100s of clients

On 3 Dec 2004 at 13:57, Shawn Wright wrote:

> On 3 Dec 2004 at 12:22, Daniel Chemko wrote:
>
> > The Speed problems may not be isolated to your CPU. You'll want to make
> > sure your conntrack table isn't getting full, and that conntracks are
> > safely getting expired from your system. Are you using a custom kernel,
> > or a stock distro one?

Just to let you know, the problem has finally been located - a misplaced
rate limit was in effect, which had the effect of limiting new connections
from us to the net. A misunderstanding on my part, pointing out but Tom
on the shorewall list.

I'm happy to report the old PPro200 is back in service (for now) happily
running along - it's passed about 1Gb in the past 40 minutes without
breaking a sweat, and is nice and quick. (a new server is still in the works
though...)

Thanks!
Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School