Re: protocol 50 unreachable

Thanks for getting back to me, John. Here are some more details and an
attempt at clarification:

The client is a laptop running MacOS X and VPN Tracker. It sits on the
private LAN and as I mentioned in the post, I can see outgoing traffic
(e.g. pings of VPN hosts) going *out* through ESP (i.e. all three
interfaces - client, internal and external - report ESP packets going
out). The client s/w log also indicates "ESP tunnel established".
Regardless though, if I just try to get any ESP traffic *into* the client,
from outside the firewall, it only shows up on the external interface and
triggers the described response.

cheers,
h.