Re: iptables and wireless card in promiscuous mode

Well,

In fact I really wanted my WLAN card set in promiscuous mode to drop all the packets coming from the other laptop, this means that I wanted a filter BEFORE the promiscuos mode filter.
And by the way: how do I cancel a rule from the PREROUTING chain?
If I do the standard way, I get:

~ # iptables -D PREROUTING 1
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

Thx

Claudio

Alistair Tonner wrote:

see inlined: