To: "pravin rane" <pgr_80@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 7:36 AM
Subject: RE: How to block only MX query made to DNS server

I tried to run following command

# iptables -t filter -A INPUT -p udp --dport 53 -m
string --string "MX" -j DROP

But I am getting Error like

iptables v1.2.8: Couldn't load match
`string':/lib/iptables/libipt_string.so: cannot open

:-( Do I need to upgrade my iptables RPM

Yes. Or rebuild kernel with strings modules support and compile iptables userspace again if necessary. Sorry for top posting in my previous reply.