Re: setup iptables using webmin

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 05:54, Varun Pabrai wrote:
> Hello,
>        I am new to iptables etc.
>
> I need some help to setup iptables
> for my server.
>
> My server is on Mandrake 10.1 off.
> eth0 is gateway with static IP connected to 512Kbps DSL.
> eth1 is LAN.
>
> To begin with I want to allow ftp, http , smtp and pop3 traffic.
>
> Users should be able to browse and recieve mails on clients.
>
> All other traffic to be blocked
>
> Can anybody guide me howto setup iptables using packet filtering
> in webmin.
>
> Thanks
>
> Varun

Hello, Varun.  I've never set it up using webmin.  I have successfully
used fwbuilder (http://www.fwbuilder.org) and I know other good GUIs
have been recommended on this list.  There is a much more sophisticated
GUI in the works for much large installations (three to thousands of
gateways) but it is not yet complete (http://iscs.sourceforge.net).

If you have the time, it would still be good to learn the command line
underpinnings. There are some good tutorials in the documentation
section of http://www.netfilter.org.  I started with Oskar Andreasson's.

Good luck - John
--
John A. Sullivan III