DNAT/Forward difficulties...

Greetings--

I've been banging my head against the proverbial firewall for days now, and
while I consider myself fairly versed in TCP/IP mechanics, I cannot seem to
figure this out--probably because I'm relatively new to netfilter/IPTables.
I have mashed together several pieces of scripts with some of my own
creations and have come up with what I consider to be a fairly robust
firewall script--at least for my own use.  I've tested, and as far as I can
tell it does everything I want except for one thing--I can't seem to get any
NEW inbound connections to get forwarded to any internal machines.  I have a
cable box from Comcast, coming into ETH0 on my Linux box, then ETH1 to a
plain-jane Cisco switch, then to various other Windows, Linux, and VOIP
boxes.  I want to be able to allow certain NEW connections inbound, across
the Linux (firewall) box, to certain internal machines.  For the life of me,
however, I can't get it to work.

I tried to post a message to the list with my rc.firewall file included, but
apparently it's too big.  Thus, I'll include a link to the file and hope
that some friendly soul takes a look.  I would have posted only "relevant"
parts in the message, but the whole thing is relevant... if I knew where the
trouble was I'd fix it myself.

As an aside, if anyone sees any obvious pitfalls of this newbie's script...
feel free to point them out--though I'm not expecting a comprehensive
analysis... :)

http://home.comcast.net/~systemic/rc.firewall

Thanks in advance for any help!