From: "Jason Opperisano" <opie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "netfilter" <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: bad ftp speeds through nat

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 08:56:44AM -0400, Peter Marshall wrote:
> I am not sure what is causing this ... I have an ftp server in my DMZ.  I
am
> getting horrible ftp speeds ... only 200 - 300 KB/s  ... I have 10/100
cards
> on both the firewall and the ftp server and they are connected with one
100
> Mb switch. If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening I would
> appreciate the wisdom.

have you base-lined the environment?  does FTP through the firewall with
no rules loaded and just IP forwarding enabled allow for significantly
higher throughput?  how about a machine locally in the DMZ directly to
the FTP server, what's that throughput look like?

-j

--
"It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but
 somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day."