Re: Tracing the passage of packets thru the various chains

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 07:19, Taso Hatzi wrote:
> The subject says what I want to do. Is there any way I can get a
> stock kernel (Mdk 9.1 in this case) to show me what's going on?
Yes, we do it all the time when trouble shooting in the ISCS network
security management project (http://iscs.sourceforge.net).  Simply use
the LOG target.  What the LOG rule should look like and where it should
be placed depends on what you want to do but that's what we generally
use to troubleshoot problems between wire in and wire out!  Hope that
sends you in the right direction - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation