RE: no nat please

Payal Rathod wrote:
> Hi,
> I use simple masquerading to allow my windows clients to browse the
> net. But for one particular machine I need to connect it to VPN of
> my client abroad. Now, the tech people at their end told me not
> to nat that machine as nating would destroy the VPN part. How do I do
> that? The machine IP address is 192.168.10.15.

You have to NAT that address or else you're looking at a very large
change the firewall to get it to work. Even then it'd be a kludge. The
best ideal would be to NAT and figure out how to support the VPN tunnel
through the firewall. Linux has support for IPSEC/PPTP/L2TP, any other
VPN-like products, who knows. Maybe if you gave some more information,
we could give you a more articulate answer.