Re: limiting connections

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 10:04:46AM -0500, Jason Opperisano wrote:
> yeah, in your web server configuration, set the maximum number of
> simultaneous connections to 10.

Not all webservers (especially windows based) might support it. Also
what if the server in question is not a webserver but some simple server with
no such capabalities. Hence I was looking at iptables to solve it for me.
The reason is that I am scared to re-make a core utility such as
iptables from  a tar ball. I prefer rpm for such cases.
I have Mandrake 10.0 (official).
With warm regards,
-Payal