Re: limiting bandwidth with iptables or squid?

Hi All,

I am abit confused with tc.

I need a string to limit band whidth for ips or mac
addresses.

iptables -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -s x.x.x.x -t mangle -j MARK
--set-mark 1

will mark the packets for that ip.i think.

what string for tc do i need to limit x.x.x.x to say 5kb/s
download speed? eth0 is my internal network card of my
linux box.

Regards

For super low premiums ,click here http://www.dialdirect.co.za/quote