iptables script file

Hello everybody,

So far I have been writing all the iptables commands in a file & ran it in a
terminal (bash filename). Then I do the "service iptables save" to save &
load the configuration during boot-up. Pretty soon the configuration file is
going to have around 800 commands & this file is modified quite often. So
for the changes to reflect in run-time I do a "bash <script-file>".
Somewhere I read that loading that many commands using "bash <script-file>"
is not recommended (Is this true?). So I started searching in Google for
other alternatives. I came across the following:

- Use rc.firewall (I don't know if its in /etc or /etc/init.d or what)
- Use /etc/firewall.conf
- Use /etc/init.d/firewall

Could someone tell me which file to use? In Fedora core 2 I found only
/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables.
Which way would be easy to load a huge script that would be modified quite
often?

OS specs:
Fedora Core 2
Kernel 2.6.8.1