promiscuous mode w/ hook

Hi,

I'm trying to put my ethernet interface into promiscuous mode and have all traffic sent to the netfilter prerouting hook.  I've read documentation on line and in the source that says that traffic doesn't make it to netfilter until after foreign promiscuous packets are dropped though, which makes me think this will be a bit of a challenge.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard ;