Problems to get TARPIT functionnality with iptables

Hello,

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux and I'd like to get iptables working with
the tarpit function.
I have my 2.6.8 kernel in /usr/src/linux.
I've downloaded patch-o-matic with cvs as told in the netfilter
modification tutorial. It created me /usr/src/linux/netfilter and
/usr/src/linux/netfilter/patch-o-matic (no
/usr/src/linux/netfilter/userspace as told in the tutorial).

After that I launch ./runme ./extra/ipt_TARPIT.patch and if I apply the patch :

Testing patch extra/ipt_TARPIT.patch...
Warning - no help text file could be found in either
/usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/netfilter/Config.help
or /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help
grep: /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/netfilter/Config.in: Aucun fichier ou
répertoire de ce type
Could not find place to slot in Config.in line
TEST FAILED: patch NOT applied

If I force with f :

Applying patch extra/ipt_TARPIT.patch...
Warning - no help text file could be found in either
/usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/netfilter/Config.help
or /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help
grep: /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/netfilter//Config.in: Aucun fichier ou
répertoire de ce type
Could not find place to slot in Config.in line
grep: /usr/src/linux//dev/null: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
Could not find place to slot in null entry
Could not find place to slot in Makefile line
Patch extra/ipt_TARPIT.patch applied cleanly.

But I can't find the tarpit item when I use make xconfig which should be in
networking_options -> network packet filtering -> IP:Netfilter configuration

Thanks for your help because I spent a lot of time trying to figure
this out... I'm quite sure it's something quite silly that I forgot to
do ...

Nicolas