Re: masquerading won't flush conntrack cache

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 10:13, Michael wrote:
> My solution for the moment (which is not really a solution), is to
> flush all iptable rules and unload all netfilter modules in ip-up,
> when the interface goes up again with the new ip-address. However,
> this also flushes all other rules, which were not affected by the
> external interface (e.g. from eth0 to eth1 or so) and therefore all
> state information is lost.

I can fix my particular situation with this approach because the
'correct' route is through a VPN tunnel that normally stays up
once it is established, but this seems like a fairly serious bug
in terms of general purpose routing since you should be able to
change routes on the fly and have the new route work without disrupting
other connections.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx