Re: web server in DMZ

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 06:21, hamals@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a big problem
>
> I have a web server in my DMZ, I reach it with his
> internal IP 192.168.1.10 from my internal LAN, but I can't
> reach them with his public IP.
>
> I did a DNAT and from internet everythings is ok, my web
> server is working in right by DNAT.
>
> Where is the problem?
<snip>
There could be several causes.  Did you remember to bind the public
address to the public firewall NIC so that it responds to ARP requests?

For example, if the firewall is at 1.1.1.2 and you want the web server
to be at 1.1.1.3 then do

ip add address 1.1.1.3/24(or whatever the mask bit count is) dev eth0(or
whatever the device name is) brd +

You can find a short slide show on using the ip command at
http://iscs.sourceforge.net

Good luck - John
--
John A. Sullivan III