Re: [ANNOUNCE] Proceedings of Netfilter Developer Workshop 2004

On Sat, 25/09, 11:33:22PM, Harald Welte wrote:
> |---------------------------+----------------------------------------+--------|
> |IPMARK                     |why is tc not enough to do this? Too    |No      |
> |                           |obscure                                 |        |

Target is useful when using MASQUERADE or SNAT. Using tc we are *unable*
to put outgoing trafic from single IP (behind masquerade) into queue
created on outgoing interface. With this target we can mark packets from
each internal IP and then, using tc filter fw put it into queues. This
target replaces many MARK rules, which can be really CPU hog.

--
Piotr 'QuakeR' Gasidło, BOFH @ pandora.barbara.eu.org
############## sending lusers to /dev/null since 1998