RE: ipt_string

Linux Query wrote:
> Daniel Chemko <dchemko@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Or even better, use Snort-inline to detect infiltrations and use its
>> built-in response engine to drop the packets.
>
> Didn't know about snort. Does it support string matching ?

Snrot's generally used for Intrusion detections, but it is basically one
big string matching program a lot like l7filter that you mentioned in an
earlier post. I couldn't say which one is better suited for your needs.

Snort-inline does take some hand-holding to get started, but I believe
that more intrusions will be caught through snort than you adding rules
adhoc to l7filter.