ipt_string

Hi !

I am new to linux and networking. However I have set up a router on a redhat 9 machine and am using htb.init + squid delay pools for bandwidth limiting. But I would like to do away with squid since I am just using it for the delay pools feature in order to limit downloading based on kewords such as .exe .mp3 .mpeg ..etc. The other day I came to know about the ipt_string module through google search and am wondering if thats what I am looking for. I am looking for something with which i can mark packets based on keywords and then limit the bandwidth for such packets with htb. Is the ipt_string module suitable for this ? If not, then please suggest an alternative.

Regards,
Jim.