Re: set up my DMZ

On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 10:44, hamals@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've a DMZ with two server, I would like to acces them
> through my iptables firewall.
>
> IP_serve1_DMZ =192.168.2.2
> IP_serve2_DMZ =192.168.2.3
>
> IP_server1_public = x.x.x.52
> IP_server2_public = x.x.x.53   (x is for privacy..)
>

> My firewall has
>
> eth1 internet interface = x.x.x.50
> eth0 dmz interface = 192.168.2.1
>
> I need to have my server access with their pubbic IP, but
> I've only eth1 as inteface to internet.
>
> I read that I can't use alias in iptables rules (like
> eth1:1 etc) , then what kind of rules have I to write to
> solve my problem?
<snip>
If I understand you correctly, simple NAT should be your answer.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d x.x.x.52 -j DNAT --to-destination
192.168.2.2 (optionally add -i eth1 to thematch if you do are not using
split DNS for any internal neworks)

You will also need filter table rules to explicitly allow the DNAT'd
traffic to pass.
--
John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer