Re: kernel 2.6 ipsec and DNAT

Hello,

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 08:31:15 +1000
Alexander Samad <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > The problem I am encountering now is that it seems that DNAT is not
> > working when the d-natted session is from a tunneled site. My settup
> > is
[...]
> > Is there any problem like this under the current 2.6.8 kernel ? Do
> > you have any idea to try to bypass the problem ?

> This is a known problem with netfilter and 2.6 and ipsec with the
> native stack, there are fixs in pom-ng (Patch o matic), but this means
> building your own kernel as it patches the kernel and the netfilter
> modules.  Not to bad though, been doing this for a while and haven't
> had any majour problems

But, as far as I know, the patches in pom-ng (even cvs) do not work
since 2.6.7.

I mailed the author of this patches (Patrick McHardy) and he told me two
times he is going to fix this RSN(tm) - but unfortunately does seem to
have not had time to do it yet.

Have I overlooked something, or is there indeed no working solution for
2.6.8? Has anybody fixed the patches?

--
Bye,

Michael Leun