Re: linux-2.6.9-rc1 compilation and configuration issue (fwd)

James B. Hiller wrote:
Hi!

No takers?  Or have I put this in the wrong forum?  If I have, please
let me know where to go with it.

Wish I could help you. But I never seem to get past the point of even applying the patches ;-)

Sure, those I don't need apply clean, those that I'm interested in like tcp windows tracking always fail.

BTW, why do we need to recompile entire kernel and iptables, just to get one tiny miny module installed? It kind of beats the hole idea of modularity and loadable modules, isn't it? (well, at least half of the idea behind it, anyhow) Why can't we just compile two source files and place resulting object files into appropriate directories (kernel/iptables version independent)? And not to have to worry about recompiling them when new kernel release is out there.

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited