Re: Port is open but I am unable to connect

> All your rules (apart from lo interface) are for INPUT chain. No rules
> for OUTPUT chain (so all return packets get dropped there).  You are
> missing "-A OUTPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT" at
> the begining of your rules (just after similar INPUT line you already
> have).

Sounds logic. I changed it in the script below, and will try it out later when I can get to the server.

> BTW, what's the point of accepting connections to port 20? It's FTP
> port used for active data transfers, and connections are made *from*
> it, not *to* it.  Since you have (will have) "just accept anything
> related I don't care" rules, just add "modprobe ip_nat_ftp" line
> somewhere into your script, and FTP will work (you don't need that
> port 20 line).

OK, I changed that too.

Thanks a lot!
Jacob

This is my script:

[snip]

modprobe ip_nat_ftp

# STATE RELATED for router
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

# Localhost iptables -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT iptables -A OUTPUT -o lo -j ACCEPT

# Open ports on router for server/services
#iptables -A INPUT -s 1.2.3.4 -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 20 -m state
--state NEW
iptables -A INPUT -s 1.2.3.4 -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 21 -m state --state NEW
iptables -A INPUT -s 1.2.3.4 -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 22 -m state --state NEW
iptables -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 25 -m state --state NEW
iptables -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 80 -m state --state NEW
iptables -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 143 -m state --state NEW
iptables -A INPUT -j ACCEPT -p tcp --dport 993 -m state --state NEW