Re: Invalid Argument

El lun, 06 de 09 de 2004 a las 14:48, JoÃo Carlos Garcia escribiÃ:
> Hi,
>
> IÂm trying to configure iptables rules, but ...
> IÂm testing the rules in a separeted environment, but the final topology will be the following
> ADSL -- [ LINUX ] -- LOCAL NETWORK
>
> The script look like this
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     INTIF=eth0
>     EXTIF=eth1
>     INTIP=192.168.0.3
>     EXTIP=172.16.0.3
>
>     echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/proxy_arp
>     echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth1/proxy_arp
>     echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
>     for f in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/rp_filter;
>     do
>     echo 1 > $f;
>     done
>
>     iptables -F INPUT
>     iptables -F OUTPUT
>     iptables -F FORWARD
>     iptables -A INPUT -j DROP
>     iptables -A FORWARD -j DROP
>     iptables -A OUTPUT -j DROP
>
>     iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -o $EXTIF -j SNAT --to-source $EXTIP
>
> When the script run the last rule ( NAT ), occurs an error : iptables invalid argument.
> I want that the iptables change the source IP address ( 192.168 ) to his ip address ( 172.16.0.3 ) to all connection to Internet
>
> Could anyone help me ?
> Thanks in advanced
> JoÃo Carlos

The rule is correct, I write it in my system and it works, so you
probably have a problem of not having synced the iptables userspace
tools and the kernel space or something similar.

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

like fabulous yellow Roman candles.