RE: Authentication in a Firewall Question

My university did something like this years ago. I doubt it was anything special. They "moved you from one VLAN to another" after authenticating against our univerty account, all from a web page. We were not automatically directed to the page, but it was the only one we could get to, aside from university resources.

I have been investigating all the responses I have gotten so far, and I think they'll all work for you. Nufw is critical if you're terminal-server based.