Re: Port Forwarding with iptables

Nick Drage wrote:

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 06:06:38PM +0800, Wilson Mak wrote:

Nick Drage wrote:

Excuse the short answer...

Thanks for all who help on this issue. I mis-type the rule here. Yes you guys are right, the rule should be: -d 10.1.0.12. But still it doesn't work. Do I need to enable something in the kernel when using Port-Forwarding?

Try:

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

If you google for that you should find an explanation :)

Yap! I did set this bit to 1. Any other stuffs I missed? That's absolutely weird. It used to work perfectly with ipchains plus ipmasqadm. Actually, the packets did forward to the internal server ( I capture the packets with ethereal), but looks like the response packets can't get through the NAT box.

Thanks,
Wilson