Re: FTP-SSL explicit

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 04:27:03PM -0400, Patrick Ahler (patrick@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Does anyone know off hand which ports I need to open on my
> gateway/firewall for ftp over ssl (explicit) besides port 990???

ftp_tls explicit?  Is this something new?  In setting up our
implementation last spring I saw no mention of "explicit" in any of the
specification documents.

[a bit of googling]

ah... I see.  You will have to consult your software vendor as this
implicit/explicit distinction falls outside of the ftp_tls
specification.

Have fun,
--
Chief Gadgeteer