Re: Log every package incoming and outcoming.

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 12:32:24PM +0200, Thomas Kristensen wrote:

> i dont want a full system setup, i just need somekind og modul for
> iptables, or a conf for iptables to log every thing.
> The problem is if i set a rule, iptables will stop at a matching rule, and
> therefor i cant set a log rule in the end for alle chains.
>

> Any ideas?

Start all your chains with a LOG rule.  Netfilter logs the packet and
then passes it on to the next rule, so you'll get your matches, but the
packet will continue to be processed.

Why do you have to check every packet though?  If this is just to see
who is using your servers the daemons themselves probably keep adequate
logs.

--
"I think a church with a lightning rod shows a decided lack of confidence"